A pride for Georgia Tech among alumni is one of the Institute’s greatest assets, and is seen most passionately in Alumni Association Network activities.
One way members of Alumni Association Networks can show their love for the Institute is by using its logos and trademarks in a way that is consistent with and complements Tech’s existing identity.
(text and background only visible when logged in)
Use of trademarks
Official Alumni Association Networks are required to use a licensee to produce any merchandise or apparel with the Georgia Tech name and/or trademarks. This includes merchandise used within the organization (staff shirts, pens, etc.), given as gifts, or sold.
Alumni Association Networks are not allowed to alter the spirit marks without permission from Licensing and Trademarks. Alumni Association Network logos must have their official Network name and the words “Alumni Network” in the logo design. For example: Houston Area Alumni Network or Georgia Tech Chicago Alumni Network.
Keep in mind...
- Campus units may use the Institute primary logo, extended logo, or unit combination logo in communications and for branded items purchased from an official licensee.
- Do not use the Interlocking GT alone for academic or organizational usage. The Bookstore offers generic Georgia Tech branded apparel, notebooks, pens, and many other licensed promotional products for purchase.
- Do not use the outlined version of the interlocking GT, which remains exclusive to Athletics.
- Trademarks (logos and spirit marks) are not to be used in conjunction with tobacco, recreational drugs, gambling products, political symbols, and/or religious symbols. For additional restricted items, see the full list.
- Use in conjunction with the United States flag, or the flag of the State of Georgia, is allowable.
- Trademarks (logos and spirit marks) are not to be used in conjunction with other brands, names, or trademarks in a way that might appear as an endorsement by the Institute.
- Do not simulate logos in type, skew or modify the elements, recolor, or fill with any pattern or texture.
- Designs using the trademarks must be approved prior to printing or manufacturing.
- All items and materials bearing the trademarks must be printed, produced, and manufactured by an official licensee.
- A registered trademark symbol, either ® or TM, is to be used next to every trademarked logo. The symbol should appear near the bottom right of the trademarked logo.