The Georgia Institute of Technology logo and Georgia Tech logo are key elements of the Institute’s visual identity system.
Georgia Tech’s spirit marks include Buzz, the Interlocking GT, and the Ramblin’ Wreck. These spirit marks are primarily reserved for use as athletic marks and to communicate school spirit.
Permission to Use Spirit Marks
Georgia Tech departments, official student organizations, and alumni association clubs ordering merchandise that bears a registered trademark, trade name, service mark, or logo of the Georgia Institute of Technology must receive permission, in writing, from Licensing and Trademarks.
- White and gold are key components of Georgia Tech's visual identity system. They are the primary colors available for use by all Georgia Tech units.
- Consistent use and careful matching of colors are essential in establishing and maintaining a consistent and unified image.
(text and background only visible when logged in)
Keep in mind
- Campus units may use the Institute primary logo, extended logo, or unit combination logo in communications and for branded items purchased from an official licensee.
- Do not use the Interlocking GT alone for academic or organizational usage. The Bookstore offers generic Georgia Tech branded apparel, notebooks, pens, and many other licensed promotional products for purchase.
- Do not use the outlined version of the interlocking GT, which remains exclusive to Athletics.
- Trademarks (logos and spirit marks) are not to be used in conjunction with tobacco, recreational drugs, gambling products, political symbols, and/or religious symbols. For additional restricted items, see the full list.
- Use in conjunction with the United States flag, or the flag of the State of Georgia, is allowable.
- Trademarks (logos and spirit marks) are not to be used in conjunction with other brands, names, or trademarks in a way that might appear as an endorsement by the Institute.
- Do not simulate logos in type, skew or modify the elements, recolor, or fill with any pattern or texture.
- Designs using the trademarks must be approved prior to printing or manufacturing.
- All items and materials bearing the trademarks must be printed, produced, and manufactured by an official licensee.
- A registered trademark symbol, either ® or TM, is to be used next to every trademarked logo. The symbol should appear near the bottom right of the trademarked logo.